Join the Alamance NAACP on Saturday, February 13th and ride our buses to attend the Tenth Annual NC NAACP Moral March on Raleigh and HKonJ People’s Assembly!
We are marching for voting and labor rights, quality healthcare and education and equal protection under the law for all. We will mobilize for our Moral March with communities from across the state, just as we will mobilize voters to go to the polls in 2016 despite our legislator’s systematic efforts to abridge and suppress our vote. If you believe that an injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere, if you understand that what happens in North Carolina has implications for the future of the nation, if you believe that we can build a moral movement together to save the soul of our state and country, then join us as we tell Governor McCrory and the North Carolina General Assembly, “Forward Together, Not One Step Back!”
On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 7:00 am, we will begin boarding our round-trip buses to Raleigh. We will depart from Alamance Community College in Graham, NC, at 1247 Jimmie Kerr Rd. We will arrive in downtown Raleigh by 8:30 am to begin gathering at 2 East South St. The 1.1 mile march to Fayetteville St. will begin at 10:00 am, after which will begin the Mass People’s Assembly on the doorstep of the State Capitol. We will return to the Alamance Community College parking lot by 3:00 pm. We will march rain or shine. Bring comfortable shoes and weather appropriate clothing. We will not provide food or beverages. Special transportation for elderly and disabled persons will be provided at the event. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. No arrests or civil disobedience are planned.
WHO: The Alamance NAACP and our local partners
WHAT: ANAACP bus mobilization to the NAACP Moral March in Raleigh
WHEN: Saturday, February 13, 2016, we will begin loading buses at 7:00 am
WHERE: Alamance Community College, parking lot F, 1247 Jimmie Kerr Rd., Graham, NC
FOR BUS TICKETS: You can make your reservations online, by mail or in person. You can also donate tickets or request a donated ticket. Please include a name, cell number and email address for each reserved ticket.
- RESERVE A BUS TICKET ONLINE : Find the link here on the website, under the “tickets/donations” tab and make a suggested $10.00 donation by credit card.
- RESERVE A BUS TICKET BY MAIL: Mail a $10.00 check or money order, postmarked no later than Monday, Feb 8, 2016, to NAACP, PO Box 1557, Burlington, NC 27216. Note “for HKonJ bus tickets”. Please include a name, cell number and email address for each reserved ticket.
- PICK UP TICKETS IN PERSON: We will schedule a convenient in-person ticket pick up. Contact information below.
- DONATE A BUS TICKET: If you cannot attend, but would like to make it possible for others to attend, you can donate tickets. Find the link here on the website, under the tab “tickets/donations” or follow the requests here for mailing or in-person pickup. Note “for donated HKonJ bus tickets”.
- NEED A TICKET? Don’t let the donation keep you from joining us. We have a limited number of donated seats for those in financial need. Contact information below.
For information or tickets, contact branch Secretary Noah Read at 336-260-4399 or email@example.com. Donations to reserve you or someone else a bus ticket are non-refundable. Donations or gifts to this NAACP Unit are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.
Find and share information from our Facebook at Alamance NAACP and our Facebook event invite.
Find more information about the HKonJ Moral March at hkonj.com/moral_march_on_raleigh.
The Alamance NAACP Branch 5368 thanks you for supporting this event.